03 October 2012

Marley & Fresco

I'm really into New Year's Resolutions.

I'm creative while making them and often dedicated in keeping them.  At the end of 2009 I was drafting my anticipated pledges to the new year and my significant other mockingly wrote between the lines:  have great sex, travel a lot, listen to more bob marley.

While he and I broke up, I did keep his last suggested resolution:
Every morning in 2010, minus a few mornings in a rush or under the weather, I listened to Bob Marley.  I remember telling people last year that it has made me a happier person and taught me a lot. 

By listening to Bob Marley every morning, in just one year, I was able to hear almost his entire discography - some many versions of some songs and rare versions of others - and several full-length live concerts available on YouTube.       

At some point in during 2011 I replaced the morning Marley meditation with a ritualistic surf to AJE in the AM:  I started my day with headlines and special reports and breaking news.  I am not exaggerating when I say, I am a  much heavier person to be around than I used to be.  I believe this mild media worship that I've been involved in, like so many of peers, has rendered my spirit a bit out touch.

Eagerly awaiting a new year as someone who loves new year's resolutions might, I have decided I am in need of a new morning mantra or ritual.  Whatever it is, it might need to do with Mr. Jaques Fresco and all the wonderful projects he's dreamed up and designed for a better world.


1 comment:

Ms. bus stop singer said...

Girl,
I am reading your post, and feel related AGAIN!!! nothing to do with Marley, but with New Years resolution, and stuff like wishfull thinking.
Its totally new to me that Marley may had such a good influence in life :) But I am more than willing to try it at least for some time. I also happened to experience changes in my life once I have stated I wanted to do stuff in life. Cheers!