30 October 2012

ethnographer @coursera

In August I decided to indulge my fantasy anthropologist within. I have since joined an online learning community (Coursera.org) and taken first steps in the process of applying for a Fulbright Grant.  Content with my life as it is and in no rush to leave my job, I moonlight as a virtual student.

At present, I am preparing for a fitness instructor certification and taking a four week introduction to obesity economics.

I've designed a rigorous courseload for the upcoming year,
 

To acquire a basic understanding of neuroscience.



To develop just enough business skills.


  
To put what I know into an academic context.
  


To put what I do into an academic context.

 

To learn more about what interests me most.



I am hoping to use Coursera to establish a global network to conduct doctoral research in the future.
 



No comments: