09 September 2008

So, it seems that I have entirely disappeared from the blogosphere but the reality is I was initially too distracted by life to sit down and write about it, and following that simply uninterested in writing about it.  I have recently adopted a new modus operandi that involves neither flowcharts nor timelines and somewhere in there blogging also bit the dust.  I can confidently say that I haven’t flowcharted for months [insert AA-style affirmations and applause] and seem to be surviving just fine. Now, however, sitting down to write about the past few months seems not essential but still very worthwhile… Given that my currently life is teeming with possibilities but with few things of actual definition and that my daily rant consists almost entirely of job interviews, conundrums of the heart, and funny/racist/schizophrenic/enlightened eavesdropping on the D6 or X2, it’s seems more practical to simply begin where I left off and hope I’ve got something figured out about my currently life by the time I get caught up. 

[ Cairo Continued - LE Orientation ]

LE Orientation went off without a hitch (ok, DSS’s suitcase was mistakenly taken by Ahmed Somethingorother who also has a redSamsonite and another one of the fantastic volunteers seemed surprised that alcohol is less than ubiquitous in Cairo, but nevertheless…) and I wish that I had been around for a bit more of the Program.  Fabulous LE Egypt 2008 Volunteer Teachers at the Right. Highlights of our brief time together include…

A felluca that nearly capsized on the Nile; A sweet horseback ride in the desert near Giza (not to mention DSS’s backseat camel ride); A monstrously long but highly effective Orientation.

Ultimately I think LE Egypt went well in its second year.  The program has made leaps and bounds by branching off into two new villages at three new sites.  The continuation of the Program is currently in deliberation by the LE Exectutive Council and next year’s PD will be announced soon.  

For a recap of LE Egypt's adventures (and misadventures) this past summer check out their blog here.



No comments: