20 September 2008

To new beginnings.

This evening, I’m enjoying a candle-lit celebratory dinner marking transitions of all sorts – at last! My goosebumps and quickly chilling lobster ravioli suggest that summer has finally transitioned into autumn and the cause for celebration – a ‘real’ job I actually love! – is confirm that I have transitioned into a young professional, for the time being, and am no longer placeless, purposeless and feening another place entirely. Akeed I’m still missing Egypt tremendously, but a steady paycheck means that that longing can be eased with a very nice little visit sometime soon. Wa akeed a little portion of soul is drifting around Brooklyn and still second-guessing the decision against finding a job in Manhattan but fantastic housemates, a quirky neighborhood, and new beginnings in a familiar place feel juuuuust right at the moment. This post will also mark a transition in my blogstyle: Good riddance with these journal-like, infrequent, long and uninteresting (ok, probably mildly interesting sometimes) posts… From here on, my dear little readers, prepare for hilarious highlights of my adventures on public transportation, and schizophrenic ramblings from my freshly found cubi-space at work, and a fair share of elaborate albethem slightly unrealistic plans for the ambiguous future that dances intriguingly on the not-to-close-horizon.


No comments: