12 January 2014

empathicus


The way I see it, if I am to achieve my goal, I will not be aware of having achieved it in that moment, and perhaps not even my lifetime.  This shift in my perspective brought me closer to the concept of "a life's work".  And that created a lot of momentum in my life for me to make bold choices.

Lately, I've been imagining the social conditions that could inspire people to co-create radical solutions for sustainable development.  This is really fun because it requires a lot of imagination. For example:  I watch a few minutes of FoxNews and then start contemplating which orchestra of media groups and lobbying firms and corporations would need to play to the public's ears to make a big enough fuss for one talking head to be chastised or found not credible.  Doing this helps me recognize other humans beneath the bullshit and sometimes even drowns out the news.

It's most fun for things outdoors, though.  I like to connect places around Phoenix without cars.  It's a fantastic endeavor -- literally, because it would only work with eco-friendly flying machines that fold up, and that won't really work well given the high DUI rates.  A friendly sidenote about our Phoenix skies, Arizona's bid to be a test site for unmanned drones was recently rejected.

All this to say, I've decided that there's value in describing empathicus.  And yet I don't think it suits my fieldnotes so descriptions will live here.   

There is a harmony between the old and the young.  This harmony creates balance in every lifespan and promotes sustainable evolution.

There is abundance, more often than not.  There is also very little waste, for our design and usage are wise and our recycling clever.

There are shades of The Venus Project and countless bits of Stephen Hawking.  Occasionally it seems a bit like The Jetsons or maybe sometimes a mini Star Wars.

...

 

  

No comments: