11 November 2006

i am sitting at Costa and the setting-sun has left a gloomy depressing tinge of grey outside the windows. A mix of 80's love songs and spicy-sultry tango music is playing and I’ve got FionaApple playing on repeat...It might be the melancholy overcast and chilly temperatures, but something about this weekend has made me think of Philadelphia. I really want to be in Philadelphia. My mind seems really far away from Cairo. In fact, my mind seems far away generally. Small moments of triumph in my otherwise underproductive weekend:
I ventured onto Otlob.com and had a McArabia, fries, and carmel Sunday delivered to Amanda and Ali’s door. Only in Egypt with McDonald’s deliver….

I sorted, deleted, and replied to almost 2000 emails that were clogging my gmail account and now have an empty inbox.

I reacquainted myself with Luc Poignet and Maxwell Garb, the only two protagonists I’ve written that show any promise to transform themselves into works of polish fiction.

I've added a counter to this blog so that I can be reassured people do indeed visit it and it is not merely a tool of procrastination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I visit regularly!!! I love reading and watching all that you do. Don't stop. Your Big Brother.

-Rich