13 October 2006

I am sitting in a Chili’s in Alexandria studying for the second of a long line of mid-term exams but instead decided to take this opportunity to enlighten my beloved blog-enthusiasts. Life as of late has been overwhelming but blissful. Last week Moodi tried to express to me that two key factors to the Egyptian psyche are high emotions and religiousity. Both of have which are growing more and more apparent as Ramadan reaches is height and a intimate friendships blossom with the fabulous Egyptians I’ve met.

Ben asked me to explain to him what it is like to be in a city where people are hungrary all day, and this is my attempt to describe the idiosyncracies of Ramadan and the month-long fast that comes with it. I’ve felt weird about writing about it, as if it had to finish before I could truly start to digest it, but here’s a first stab at it, if nothing else…

[ coming soon ]

No comments: